per(redirected from PERS)
Also found in: Dictionary, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
In accordance with. Charlie stood me up tonight, as per usual. Please pay your rent on time, as per the terms of the lease.
as per usual
As typically happens; as is usually the case. As per usual, my boyfriend didn't call me like he said he would. I'll be eating lunch outside on the picnic table, as per usual.
By, of, or for each person in a given population. The government spends more per capita on healthcare than any other country in the world. Though the nation is tiny, it has the highest per capita income in all of Europe.
as per (something)
In accordance with something. As per the doctor's orders, I'm going to stay home and rest today.
a hangover. (*Typically: get ~; have ~; give someone ~.) Oh, man, that booze gave me a big head! Tom has a head this morning and won't be coming into work.
(a) headand per head
[for] a person; [for] an individual. How much do you charge per head for dinner? It costs four dollars a head.
a/per ˈheadfor each person: The meal shouldn’t cost more than $30 a head.
a/one hundred per ˈcentcompletely: I agree with you one hundred per cent.
as per somethingfollowing something that has been decided: The work was carried out as per instructions.
as per ˈusual/ˈnormal(spoken) in the usual or normal manner: ‘What time is the lesson?’ ‘Thursday at 3 o’clock, as per usual.’ ♢ ‘Is he in a bad mood this morning?’ ‘Yes, as per normal.’
1. n. a headache. Music that loud gives me a head.
2. and a head n. a hangover. (Always with a in this sense.) How do you get rid of a head so you can go to work?
3. n. a toilet; a restroom. (Originally nautical. Usually with the.) Ralph is in the head. He’ll be back in a minute.
4. n. a member of the drug culture; a hippie or a person who drops out of mainstream society because of drug use. (From the 1960s and 1970s.) You still see a few heads around, even today.
5. n. a smart person; an intellectual person. I’m no head, but I am sure you made a mistake in your addition.