OJ(redirected from OJED)
Also found in: Acronyms.
1. An initialism of "orange juice." I never eat very much for breakfast, usually just a slice of toast and a glass of OJ.
2. offensive slang To stab someone. A reference to O.J. Simpson, who was tried but acquitted of murder by stabbing. That dude had gang symbols tattooed on his arms. You're lucky he didn't OJ you!
1. slang An extreme, life-threatening physical reaction to some narcotic, especially heroin, opioids, cocaine, or amphetamines, often due to using an excessive amount; an overdose. My friend died from an overjolt of laced cocaine. I don't touch the stuff ever since. I just stick to smoking weed—no risk of an overjolt on that stuff.
2. slang To experience such a reaction. My brother actually overjolted on morphine after getting addicted to it following his surgery. I thought you were overjolting from the way you were sweating and your eyes were rolled back in your head.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. orange juice. (Initialism.) I like to have a big glass of fresh OJ every morning.
2. Go to overjolt.
tv. to stab someone. (Refers to the O. J. Simpson stabbing case.) Don’t worry. I would never OJ my buddy.
1. n. an overdose of drugs, especially of heroin. (The abbreviation is an initialism. Drugs.) Ted is suffering from a serious OJ.
2. in. to take an overdose of drugs, especially of heroin. (Drugs.) She overjolted once too often.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.