OD(redirected from OD'ed)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. noun An initialism of "overdose," meaning to take on drugs. She died from an OD of fentanyl. The number of ODs in the country has skyrocketed in recent months.
2. verb To take an overdose, especially of a drug. I think she OD'ed—call an ambulance! I've taken so much cough syrup in the past few days that I feel like I'm gonna OD on it.
3. verb By extension, to consume or do something to an excessive degree. Candy, cupcakes, and ice cream? The kids are going to OD on sugar! I think I OD'ed on video games this weekend. I need a break.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. an overdose of a drug. (Initialism. Drugs.) If you take an OD and no one is around, you may end up dead.
2. in. to purposely or accidentally give oneself a fatal dose of drugs. (Drugs.) I knew he would OD someday.
3. in. to die from an overdose of drugs. (Drugs.) Two kids at my school ODed last weekend.
4. n. a person who has taken an overdose of drugs. (Hospitals.) How many ODs did you get in here last weekend?
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.