nun(redirected from Nuns)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
(as) useless as tits on a nun
vulgar slang Ineffectual; pointless. Hey, thanks for the broken wrench—it's as useless as tits on a nun.
Covent Garden nun
obsolete A promiscuous woman, often a prostitute. Those Covent Garden nuns will have nowhere to turn when they're released, so they'll most likely will end up back on the streets again. Someone needs to tell young Reginald that a woman with a reputation as a Covent Garden nun has no place being brought into this celebrated family.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- (as) useless as tits on a nun
- (as) useless as tits on a boar hog
- (as) useless as tits on a bull
- (as) useless as an ashtray on a motorbike
- talk to hear (the sound of) (one's) own voice
- talk to hear one’s own voice
- talk to hear own voice
- kick (someone or something) to the curb
- end up in the knacker's yard