Also found in: Dictionary, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to narco: Narco Terrorism
1. A police officer or federal agent specializing in narcotics and related crimes. Don't let anyone find out you're a narco down here, or you'll be as good as dead. The place is going to be crawling with narcos, so we can't move the product through here.
2. Someone controls the supply and distribution of narcotics, especially in Latin America. In this country, the politicians and the narcos shape control the law in equal measure. One of the leading narcos in the world was finally arrested by police.
3. Narcotics in general. The trafficking of narco in this region has gotten progressively worse over the years. The university kicked him out after a huge stash of narco was discovered in his dorm room.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. a narcotic. (see also nark.) She’s been taking narcs.
2. mod. having to do with narcotics. Does he have a narc problem?
3. n. a federal narcotics agent; any narcotics enforcement officer. The narcs caught him.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.