Am I a Mamil
have been the fastest growing category of cyclists in the UK in recent years.
Yet cycling's appeal extends well beyond the well-heeled 'Mamil
The show, set in Melbourne, Australia, explores closed worlds -- undertakers, models, escorts and even bicyclist enthusiasts nicknamed MAMILs
(middle-aged man in Lycra).
Similarly, I don't want to be discriminated against because some algorithm somewhere has sliced and diced me into a tossed salad of demo--and psycho-graphic segments, e.g., "middle-aged men in Lycra" (referred to as MAMILs
by one market research firm), who pedal bespoke bikes through the snow to their professional jobs.
Strictly for MAMILs
('middle-aged man in Lycra') only, surely?
The boom in cycling in recent years means that all dads are potentially MAMILS
(Middle Aged Men In Lycra), squeezing into skin-tight outfits and hitting the roads on their bikes.
There's the legendary Mamils
, the climbers and the dog walkers (including, on this occasion, yours truly).
He said he felt sorry for those dubbed Mamils
- middle-aged men in Lycra - or Puffins - pathetic unfit fat f***ers in nappies.
This week, Mary Portas investigates these trends, looking at how festivals have a direct impact on high-street fashion, meeting mamils
- middle-aged men in Lycra, who form a big part of the booming cycle industry - and discovering the impact of social media on weddings.
This week, Mary Portas investigates these trends, looking at how festivals have a direct impact on high-street fashion, meeting 'Mamils
' - middle-aged men in Lycra, who form a big part of the booming cycle industry - and discovering the impact of social media on weddings.
But it isn't just super-fit young men and women who have climbed back in the saddle, nor even those notorious Mamils
- middle-aged men in Lycra.
Key themes include MAMILs
as a new demographic in North America, while in Europe peer-to-peer dining websites are in demand offering more authentic travel experiences.
They all want to be Wiggo and that's why this new breed known as Mamils
- Middle-aged Men in Lycra - now see Majorca as their very own Mecca.
Fuelling the sales, in part, are so-called Mamils
, middle-aged men in Lycra who put their disposable income toward carbon bicycle frames, anatomically mindful saddles and fashionable apparel, known as kit.
When they walk into a cafe dressed head to toe in Lycra, you spot people sniggering Olympic cycling champion Chris Hoy criticises Mamils
- middleaged men in Lycra I've got a confession, which may be a shock...I've never done karaoke Theresa May admits she's never been tempted by the singalong craze during a visit to Japan It's the least erotic thing of all - unless your idea of eroticism is standing in a room with 12 electricians and seven other people and having your bum made up in between takes Love Actually star Bill Nighy says he's given up doing sex scenes Our surgeons are busy enough.