life imitates art(redirected from Life imitating art)
Also found in: Acronyms, Wikipedia.
life imitates art
cliché Said when something in real life occurs in the same or a similar way to something that was depicted in a piece of art or fiction. Often used humorously or sarcastically. The disaster played out almost exactly as it did in the dystopian future depicted in the famous novel. A chilling instance of life imitating art. A: "And then they convinced us to get back together! It's just like that movie The Parent Trap." B: "Wow, life imitates art, huh?"
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- all right
- (mother) nature's (something)
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- a whack at (something)
- (you've) got to get up pretty early in the morning to (do something)
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- a crack at (someone or something)
- (you) wanna make something of it?
- all for the best