Also found in: Wikipedia.
1. Literally, let's travel together to some place, activity, event, etc. A: "What do you want to do tonight?" B: "Let's go to a movie!" Let's go to New York City this summer. I've never been before!
2. Let's leave or depart. Come on, Paulie, let's go—it's clear they don't want us here. I'm bored, Sarah, let's go already!
3. Hurry up; move or act more quickly. Sometimes repeated for emphasis. Let's go, Jenkins! I asked for that report nearly an hour ago! All right, kids, get up those stairs to bed. Let's go, let's go, let's go!
4. An exclamation of excitement or enthusiasm. Yeah, boys, we're heading to the championship game! Come on, let's go!
5. An aggressive exclamation used to provoke or intimidate another person with the threat of a physical altercation. You've been looking at me funny all night long, pal. Come on, you and me—let's go!
See also: go
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.