joystick(redirected from Joysticks)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. vulgar slang The penis. I told him that I wouldn't be touching his joystick until after we were married.
2. slang The control stick of a machine or vehicle, especially an aircraft. The pilot wrestled with the joystick as the helicopter started spiraling out of control.
3. A stick used to control some aspect of the action in a video game. I spent way too much time as a kid working the joysticks at the local arcade down the road from our house. The joystick on my controller has stopped working.
4. dated slang A marijuana cigarette. I could tell by his red eyes and goofy giggles that he'd been smoking a joystick.
5. obsolete slang A pipe used to smoke opium. Sometimes hyphenated or written as two words. There used to be places throughout the city devoted to men and women reclining on sofas and cushions while they puffed away on joy sticks.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. the vertical lever used to control smaller aircraft. She pulled back on the joystick and the plane took off.
2. n. an electronic control device for computer games and other program control. (From sense 1) The ship’s first officer used a tiny joystick to control the computer program that guided the ship the next port.
3. n. the erect penis. (Usually objectionable.) He couldn’t seem to stop playing pocket pool with his joystick.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.