jock(redirected from Jocks)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Someone who is very skilled at rock climbing or does so very often. I'd love to try out the rock wall at my gym, but it's always crawling with rock jocks. I'm not enough of a rock jock to tackle a cliff like that.
2. A radio disc jockey specializing in rock music. He had a pretty prominent career as a rock jock, so it was a little weird hearing him spin new-age tunes in a new station.
3. An enthusiastic fan of rock music. My uncle's been a rock jock his whole life, so he's always blasting AC/DC and Metallica whenever I take a ride in his truck.
1. n. an athlete. (see also strap, jockstrap. Now of either sex.) The jocks are all at practice now.
2. n. an athletic supporter (garment). Somebody dropped a jock in the hall.
n. a mountain or rock climber. The sides of every mountain are covered with rock-jocks.
veejayand VJ and video jock
n. a video jockey; a host on a television program that features music videos. (see also disk jockey.) Sally tried out for the veejay job, but she looked too old and stuffy for that kind of work.