it's a toss-up(redirected from It is a toss up.)
it's a toss-up
It is a situation in which the outcome cannot be predicted or a decision between two things is very close. I don't know which team will win. Both have done so well this season that it's a real toss-up. Should I take the entry level position, or go back to school? It's a toss-up in my mind.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
It's a toss-up.
Inf. It's hard to tell the winner, and it could be won by either player or either team. The game's almost over, and it's a toss-up.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- be careful what you wish for(, it might (just) come true)
- it ain't over till/until it's over
- it's not over till it's over
- reckon upon (someone or something)
- it's not over till/until the fat lady sings
- it ain't over till/until the fat lady sings
- it ain't/it's not over till the fat lady sings
- it isn't over till the fat lady sings
- it isn't over till/until the fat lady sings
- it isn't over until the fat lady sings