one thing after another(redirected from It's one thing after another!)
one thing after another
Several things (typically unfortunate or stressful) in quick succession. I'm sorry I'm so late, but one thing after another kept cropping up in work today. The kids are sick again. It's really been one thing after another this winter.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
ˌone (damned/damn) thing after aˈnother(spoken) used to complain that a lot of unpleasant things keep happening to you: It’s just one thing after another, isn’t it? First the car wouldn’t start, and then the bus was late.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- a run on (something)
- a rush on (something)
- at the point of (doing something)
- be at a disadvantage
- at a disadvantage
- address comments or remarks to
- address (one's) comments to (someone or something)
- address (one's) remarks to (someone or something)
- be (as) serious as a heart attack
- (the) odds are against (something)