It's always darkest just before the dawn
it's (always) darkest (just) before the dawn
proverb The worst part of an experience, situation, period of time, etc., usually happens just before things get better. When I was lost in depression, friends tried to remind me that it's darkest before the dawn. The economy is in tatters. People want everything to improve right away, but it's always darkest just before the dawn, so things will get worse before they get better.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
It's always darkest just before the dawn.
See The darkest hour is just before the dawn.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- for want of a nail
- For want of a nail the shoe was lost; for want of a shoe the horse ...
- teach a man to fish
- it takes a village
- when the tree falls, the monkeys scatter
- a scalded dog dreads cold water
- actions speak louder than words
- a man is judged by his deeds, not by his words
- give a man a fish...