(one) might be forgiven for (doing something)(redirected from I might be forgiven for)
(one) might be forgiven for (doing something)
It is completely understandable that one would do, think, or believe something, even if it is incorrect. Anyone visiting this country might be forgiven for thinking that they've somehow gone backwards in time. You might be forgiven for wondering how a multinational company has failed to pay its taxes for the last five years.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- (one) could be forgiven for (doing something)
- (one) will be forgiven for (doing something)
- (one) would be forgiven for (doing something)
- he, she, etc. could/might be forgiven for doing something
- I don't blame (someone)
- I don't blame you/her, etc.
- begging your pardon, but (something)
- put the lie to