I can't believe!
I can't believe it/that/this
This information is so shocking or implausible as to be unbelievable. A: "Did you hear that Amanda got the promotion?" B: "Yep, and I can't believe it. I know I'm more qualified for it than she is!" Are they really closing McCauley's after 40 years? I can't believe it!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
I can't believe (that)!
That is unbelievable! Tom: What a terrible earthquake! All the houses collapsed, one by one. Jane: I can't believe that! Bill: This lake is nearly two hundred feet deep. Sue: I can't believe that! Bill: Take my word for it.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- I can't believe it/that/this
- hear (something) straight from the horse's mouth
- You better believe it!
- You had better believe it!
- you('d) better believe it
- you/you'd better believe it!
- you'd better believe it
- get (something) straight from the horse's mouth
- get straight from the horse's mouth
- bend over, here it comes again