I Will Believe It When I See It - Idioms by The Free Dictionary
I'll believe it when I see it (redirected from I Will Believe It When I See It)
Also found in: Acronyms
I'll believe it when I see it
I highly doubt that could happen or is the case. The phrase implies that one would need to witness or see proof of such a thing to believe it. The kids said they're finished cleaning the garage, but I'll believe it when I see it. A: "He's actually changed a lot since college. He's very nice now." B: "I'll believe it when I see it."
I’ll believe it/that when I see it (informal) used for expressing doubt that something will happen or be done: ‘He says he’s going to give up smoking.’ ‘I’ll believe that when I see it!’
- I see
- I see what you did there
- I should cocoa
- I should cocoa!
- I should hope so/not
- I should think so/not
- I shoulda stood in bed
- I shouldn't wonder
- I shudder to think
- I shudder/dread to think
- I smell you
- I spoke out of turn
- I spoke too soon
- I suppose (so)
- I suppose so
- I swan!
- I take it
- I tell a lie
- I tell you
- I thought as much
- I told you so
- I told you so!
- I was up all night with a sick friend
- I wasn't born yesterday
- I wasn't brought up in the woods to be scared by owls
- I Will Believe It When I See It
- I wish
- I wish I'd said that
- I wish!
- I won't give up without a fight
- I would like you to meet
- I wouldn't bet on it
- I wouldn't mind...
- I wouldn't put it past (someone)
- I wouldn't put it past somebody
- I wouldn't say no
- I wouldn't touch (someone or something) with a ten-foot pole
- I wouldn't touch (something or someone) with a barge pole
- I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole
- I wouldn't trust (someone) as far as I could throw (them)
- I wouldn't wish (something) on (someone)
- I wouldn't wish (something) on my worst enemy
- I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy
- I, etc. won't bite
- I, etc. would sooner do something
- I, he, etc. can't wait
- I, he, etc. won't do something again in a hurry
- I, you, etc. can't take somebody anywhere
- I, you, etc. can't win
- I, you, etc. could use a drink, etc.
- I, you, etc. for one