grammar Nazi(redirected from Grammer)
Also found in: Dictionary, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Grammer: Grammar check
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
Someone who insists on correcting or criticizing others for errors in spelling, grammar, and syntax, especially to a pedantic or self-righteous degree. Potentially offensive due to its reference to the fascist National Socialist German Workers' Party, which was brought to power in 1933 under Adolf Hitler. It irritates me to no end when people use "good" as an adverb, but I try not to be a grammar Nazi about it.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- let he that is without sin cast the first stone
- let he who is without sin cast the first stone
- let him that is without sin cast the first stone
- let him who is without sin cast the first stone
- a goody two-shoes
- goody two-shoes
- take in hand
- take somebody/something in hand
- take someone or something in hand