Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. adjective Silly or strange. Once the kids start acting goofy, good luck getting them to calm down and listen to you! A: "Whoa, I feel goofy!" B: "Yeah, it seems that the laughing gas has kicked in."
2. adjective, slang Intoxicated. Do you remember last night at the bar at all? You were really goofy! Wow, you sure were goofy after the dentist gave you the laughing gas!
3. adjective, slang With one's right foot forward, as on a surfboard, skateboard, or snowboard. The goofy stance just feels unnatural to me, so I ride regular.
4. adverb, slang Standing with one's right foot forward, as on a surfboard, skateboard, or snowboard. Do you ride goofy or regular?
1. mod. silly. Stop acting so goofy! What will the neighbors say?
2. mod. alcohol intoxicated. They went out and got themselves good and goofy.