flash(redirected from Flash Me)
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. verb, slang To expose one's nudity indecently. There have been reports of a man in Central Park flashing tourists as they walk by.
2. noun, slang The sense of euphoria created by the use of a drug; a rush. The flash from that very first line of cocaine hooked me in an instant. I've been chasing that high ever since.
3. adjective, informal Showy and attention-grabbing; stylish or ostentatious. Primarily heard in UK. He loves to wear fancy suits and drive to work in flash cars. She showed up to the party looking pretty flash.
1. To abruptly turn on, as of lights. As the man laughed manically, the lights in the haunted house flashed on, and we all ran out, screaming.
2. To illuminate someone or something. I repositioned my lamp so that it flashed on the things I'd dropped behind my bureau.
3. slang To think of or recall something. It took some time, but we finally flashed on a solution to that problem.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. something suddenly remembered; something suddenly thought of. I had a flash and quickly wrote it down.
2. n. a very short period of time; an instant. (see also in a flash.) I’ll be there in a flash.
3. tv. to display something briefly. You’d better not flash a wad like that around here. You won’t have it long.
4. in. to display one’s private parts briefly. She flashed briefly, providing the show that people came to see, and left the stage.
5. n. a drink of liquor. Here, have a little flash, and let’s chat a little longer.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (as) quick as a flash
- a flash in the pan
- flash (one) a look
- flash (one) a smile
- flash (something) at (someone or something)
- flash a smile
- flash across
- flash across (something)
- flash around
- flash at
- flash back
- flash forward
- flash in the pan
- flash into (one's) mind
- flash into mind
- flash into view
- flash off
- flash on
- flash on someone
- flash on something
- flash out
- flash somebody a smile, look, etc.
- flash the hash
- flash through (one's) mind
- flash through mind
- flash up
- flash with (an emotion)
- flash with anger
- flashback Friday
- in a flash
- in a/the flash of an/the eye
- in/like a flash
- like a flash
- quick as a flash
- quick as a wink