flaming(redirected from Fläming)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. verb, slang To write angry messages online, especially those targeted toward someone, as on a forum or message board. The administrators are going to suspend your account if you keep flaming the message board.
2. noun, slang Such messages. The administrators are going to suspend your account if they see all these flames from you on the message board.
3. noun One's romantic partner. How am I supposed to forget about my old flame if I keep seeing her around town?
Of a homosexual man, very flamboyant. Potentially offensive. I respect James for being so flaming—that's just who he is.
1. in. to write an excited and angry note in a computer forum or news group. (see also flamage.) Stop flaming a minute and try to explain your position calmly.
2. n. a verbal attack as in sense 1 My email is full of flames this morning!
3. in. to appear obviously homosexual. Man, she’s flaming today!