fed(redirected from Feds)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. and the feds n. a federal agent concerned with narcotics, tax collection, customs, etc. Some fed was prowling around asking questions about you.
2. and The Fed n. the Federal Reserve Board. (Colloquial. Usually Fed. Always with the in this sense.) The Fed is not likely to raise interest rates very soon again.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- be fed up to the back teeth
- be spoon-fed
- fed to the gills
- fed to the teeth
- fed up
- fed up (with someone or something)
- fed up to the back teeth
- fed up to the back teeth (with someone or something)
- fed up to the back teeth with somebody/something
- fed up to the teeth
- feed (one) a line
- feed (one's) face
- feed (something) back into (something)
- feed (something) to (someone or an animal)
- feed into (something)
- feed off (of) (someone or something)
- feed the beast
- feed the dragon
- feed the fishes
- feed the kitty
- feed up
- I'm (really) fed up (with someone or something)
- I'm fed up
- the Fed
- the feds