(something) does not compute(redirected from Does not compute)
Also found in: Acronyms, Wikipedia.
(something) does not compute
cliché One cannot comprehend something; something does not make sense. An imitative reference to robots, computers, and artificial intelligences in pop culture and science fiction. It's clear that the concept of prioritizing people's welfare over the economy just does not compute for this government. I've been trying to wrap my head around these instructions, but they just do not compute!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- (one) could use (something)
- (one) doesn't give a rip (about something)
- all righty
- (one) doesn't give a hoot (about something)
- (one) never would have guessed
- (one) won't hear of (something)
- all right
- a straw will show which way the wind blows