dingbat(redirected from Dingbats)
Also found in: Dictionary, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One who is stupid or foolish. Geez, he keeps pulling on a door that's clearly marked "push"—what a dingbat.
2. A name for a small gadget whose actual name has, typically, been forgotten. Where's that dingbat? I need it to finish this repair.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. a name for a gadget. Isn’t there supposed to be a little red dingbat that goes in this hole?
2. n. a stupid person. Who is the dingbat with Bob?
3. n. any undesirable person. (Also a rude term of address.) I’m tired of reading about that dingbat in the paper every day.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.