cent(redirected from Cents)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
Representing the tiniest amount of money. Used especially in the phrase "last cent." Sorry, I spent every last cent on this new phone, so I'm totally broke until my next payday. We don't have a cent to our names.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
n. one dollar. (Underworld.) One cent for one joint? Not bad.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (one's) two cents
- (one's) two cents' worth
- a good five-cent cigar
- a/one hundred per cent
- a/one hundred percent
- be cut off with a cent
- cut (one) off with a cent
- cut (one) off with a shilling
- cut (one) off without a cent
- cut off
- cut off with a cent
- cut off with a shilling
- cut off with(out) a shilling/cent
- cut off without a cent
- feel like two cents
- for (one's) two cents
- for (one's) two cents' worth
- for two cents
- give (one's) two cents
- give (one's) two cents' worth
- he wears a $10 hat on a five-cent head
- He wears a ten-dollar hat on a five-cent head
- not a red cent
- not have a penny to your name
- not have a red cent
- not one red cent
- not worth a damn
- not worth a dime
- not worth a red cent
- put (one's) two cents in
- put (one's) two cents' worth in
- put in (one's) two cents
- put in (one's) two cents' worth
- put in one's two cents
- put oar in
- red cent
- red cent, not worth/don't have a
- that and (some amount of money) will get you a cup of coffee
- two cents
- two cents (worth), for/put in your
- your two cents' worth