at leisure(redirected from At Your Leisure)
Also found in: Acronyms.
at (one's) leisure
Done according to one's own convenience or comfort. The tour group always gives us a couple free hours so we can explore each city at our leisure. There is no time limit to the exam, so please complete it at your leisure.
1. When one has the time to do something. In this usage, a possessive pronoun is used between "at" and "leisure." No rush, you can fill out that paperwork at your leisure.
2. In a relaxed manner. I like to spend my weekends reading at leisure.
3. With free time; unoccupied. I just graduated from college—can't I spend some time at leisure?
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
at leisureand at one's leisure
at one's convenience. Choose one or the other at your leisure. Please drop by at your leisure.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. Slowly, without haste, as in the famous 16th-century proverb, Marry in haste and repent at leisure.
2. Unemployed, having free time, as in I'm not looking for another job right now; I want to be at leisure for at least a few months . This usage has become less common but is still heard. [1300s] Also see at one's leisure.
at one's leisure
Whenever one wishes, at one's convenience, as in At your leisure, please look over this manuscript and give me your comments. [1400s] Also see at leisure.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer. Copyright © 2003, 1997 by The Christine Ammer 1992 Trust. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
at (your) ˈleisurewithout needing to hurry, at a convenient time for you: I’m not going to read this report now; I’ll read it later at my leisure.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
at (one's) leisure
When one has free time; at one's convenience: I'll return the call at my leisure.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.