ankle(redirected from Ankled)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
slang A young child, often a toddler. Hey, I know I said I'd babysit, but I can't watch five ankle biters all by myself!
by ankle express
By walking (to a certain location). My car's in the shop, so we'll have to go to the store by ankle express. It'll take us forever to get there by ankle express! Can't you give us a ride?
sprain (one's) ankle
1. Literally, to injure ligaments in one's ankle by wrenching or suddenly twisting them. At first I thought I had only sprained my ankle, but it turns out I actually broke a few bones when I fell like that.
2. obsolete euphemism To be or become pregnant. I heard the poor lass was taken in by a rake and ended up spraining her ankle.
by ankle express
Fig. on foot. After my horse was stolen, I had to go by ankle express. It's a five-minute drive, forty minutes by ankle express.
Sl. a small child, especially an infant or toddler. (Also a term of address.) You got any rug rats at your house? Hey, you cute little rug rat, come over here.
sprain one's ankle
to become pregnant. She has, ah, sprained her ankle. From the looks of her, she must have sprained her ankle some months ago.
1. n. an attractive woman or girl. (Typically with some.) Now, there’s some ankle I’ve never seen around here before.
2. in. to walk [somewhere]. I have to ankle down to the drugstore.
3. in. to walk away from one’s employment; to leave. (see also walk.) I didn’t fire her. I told her she could ankle if she wanted.
rug ratand ankle biter
n. a child. Hey, you cute little rug rat, come over here. I got three little ankle biters at home.
See rug rat
sprain one’s ankle
tv. to become pregnant. From the looks of her, she must have sprained her ankle some months ago.