Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
Related to zonk out: the likes of, stick to, catch up
zonk someone out
1. Sl. to make someone tired or exhausted. All the work zonked him out. She zonked out the team with the long practice.
2. . Sl. to cause someone to become intoxicated. The drug zonked Max out totally. It zonked out Max.
Sl. to collapse from exhaustion; to go into a stupor from drugs or exhaustion. I'm gonna go home and zonk out. I went home after the trip and just zonked out.
1. To go to sleep, especially due to exhaustion; conk out: I was so tired that I zonked out without even taking off my shoes.
2. To lose consciousness or awareness: The driver zonked out behind the wheel and ran off the road.
3. To cause someone or something to lose consciousness or awareness: Even a small dose of this cough syrup can zonk you out.
in. to collapse from exhaustion; to go into a stupor from drugs or exhaustion; to go to sleep. I’m gonna go home and zonk out.