yack(redirected from yacks)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to yacks: yaks
yack one's head off
Fig. to talk a great deal. Jane yacked her head off and ended up with a sore throat. Don't yack your head off!
yack something up
Inf. to talk a great deal [about someone or something]. (The something is often it.) She yacked the concert up endlessly. Sally yacked up the concert, trying to get people to attend. Yack it up and see if you can get people to attend.
yackand yock and yuck and yuk (jæk and jɔk and jək)
1. n. a foolish person. Who’s the yock wearing the red bandana?
2. n. idle chatter. I’ve heard enough yack to last me a lifetime.
3. Go to yak.
yakand yack (jæk)
1. in. to talk. Stop yakking for a minute.
2. n. a chat. We had a nice little yack and then left for work.
3. n. a joke. Don’t tell that yack again. It’s not a winner.
4. n. a laugh from a joke. The audience produced a feeble yak that was mostly from embarrassment.
5. in. to vomit. (Onomatopoetic.) Hank was in the john yakking all night.
6. n. cognac. (Streets.) My man, have some yak.