Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
Related to work through: walk through
work something through(something)
1. to guide or push something through a physical barrier. I could hardly work the needle through the tightly woven cloth. I worked the needle through.
2. . to guide or maneuver a law, proposal, motion, through a governing body. The lobbyist was unable to work the law through the legislature. The usual party hacks worked the law through.
1. To succeed in resolving something through effort: I worked through the problems I was having with my teacher, and now I'm doing better in class.
2. To move something or someone slowly and laboriously through something: The bodyguards worked the politician through the crowd.
3. To proceed or progress slowly and laboriously through something: The explorers worked through the underbrush. The fender of the car was scraping against the tire and slowly worked through the rubber.