Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
1. Inf. alert and knowledgeable. Jane isn't making any sense. She's not really with it tonight. Jean's mother is not really with it anymore. She's going senile. Peter's not with it yet. He's only just come round from the anesthetic.
2. Inf. up-to-date. My parents are so old-fashioned. I'm sure they were never with it. Why do you wear those baggy old clothes? Why aren't you with it?
aware of popular ideas and fashions She always prided herself on being with it.
knowing a lot about new ideas and fashions Jenny's very with it - she'll know what people are wearing this summer. Oh get with it! They're the band everyone's been talking about for weeks.
mod. up-to-date; contemporary. Come on, chum. Get with it.
1. Aware of or knowledgeable about the latest trends or developments.
2. Mentally responsive and perceptive: I'm just not with it today.
1. Interested in and sensitive to the latest styles and trends; up-to-date.
2. Streetwise and knowing; savvy.
3. Mentally competent.