Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal.
1. Extreme; bizarre; strange and obscure. Sometimes hyphenated. That is one way-out hairdo. How did he even get it to stay up like that? I used to listen to some way out stuff back in college, but now it just sounds like noise to me.
2. Intoxicated. Sometimes hyphenated. You were way out at the bar last night. Do you even remember what happened?
1. extreme; arcane. Some of your ideas are really way out. What a way-out hairdo.
2. heavily intoxicated. That guy is way out—can't even walk. She was so way-out, she was almost unconscious.
way outand way-out
1. mod. extreme; arcane. Some of your ideas are really way out.
2. mod. heavily alcohol or drug intoxicated. That guy is way out—can’t even walk. She was so way-out, she was almost unconscious.
See way out