touch (oneself)(redirected from touches ourselves)
euphemistic slang To masturbate. My ultra-religious aunt scared us silly when we went through puberty with all sorts of myths about what would happen if we touched ourselves.
See also: touch
1. n. a likely target for begging; someone who is asked for a loan. (see also soft touch.) He was just the kind of touch we were looking for, not too bright and not too poor.
2. n. a request for money (from a beggar); a request for a loan. I ignored the touch and walked on by.
3. tv. to ask someone for a loan. He touched me for a hundred bucks.
4. n. a small portion of something to eat or drink. (Folksy.) I’ll have just a touch. I’m on a diet, you know.
5. tv. to deal with or handle someone or something. (Usually in the negative.) Mr. Wilson is a real pain, and I wouldn’t touch his account. Find somebody else to handle it.
To renew a line of communication: "He went out of his way to touch base with a broad cross section of ... residents" (George B. Merry).