swill(redirected from swiller)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
swill something down
to drink something, especially an alcoholic drink, in great gulps. The guy took a quart of beer and swilled it down in a few seconds. He swilled down a quart of beer.
1. To drink something quickly: After the toast, we swilled down our beers. I poured a tall glass of orange juice and swilled it down.
2. swill down with To follow the ingestion of something, such as food, with the ingestion of some liquid: We swilled down the hot dogs with beer. I swilled the bitter medicine down with a glass of water.
To empty or clean something by a flow of water or liquid: After you finish washing the dishes, swill out the sink with water. I swilled the cup out and poured myself a glass of milk.
n. inferior liquor; strong liquor. Where did you get this monkey swill? This would kill a monkey anyway.
1. n. liquor. The swill they serve here is better than you can get elsewhere.
2. n. a drink of liquor. Here, you can have a little swill of mine.
3. tv. & in. to drink liquor. He swilled a whole case of beer yesterday. Isn’t he joyful yet?
4. n. any nasty food or drink. Let’s go over to the ptomaine-domain and get our evening swill.
n. a drinking bout. There was a swill-up at the frat house last week.