smoke(redirected from smokable)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. n. a tobacco cigarette; a pipe of tobacco; a cigar. I think I’ll have a smoke now.
2. n. the act of smoking anything smokable, including drugs. I need a smoke—of anything. I’m going to stop here for a smoke.
3. n. methyl alcohol; bad liquor; any liquor. They call it smoke because when you mix it with water and shake it, it’s cloudy.
4. n. exaggeration; deception. (see also blow smoke, smoke and mirrors.) If the smoke is too obvious, they’ll just get suspicious.
5. tv. to annihilate someone; to shoot someone. (Underworld.) Rocko tried time and time again to smoke Marlowe, always without success.
6. tv. to beat someone in a contest; to outrun, outdistance, or outplay someone. Jill smoked Dave in the bicycle race.
- a smoke-filled room
- blow smoke
- blow smoke up someone's ass
- go up in flames
- go up in smoke
- holy cow
- holy smoke
- holy smoke(s)
- in a smoke-filled room
- no smoke without fire
- no smoke without fire, there's
- put that in your pipe and smoke it
- Put that in your pipe and smoke it!
- put up a smoke screen
- smoke and mirrors
- smoke both ends of the cigar
- smoke eater
- smoke like a chimney
- smoke out
- smoke out of
- smoke pole
- smoke signals
- smoke the peace pipe (with someone)
- smoke up
- smoke-filled room
- the big smoke
- there's no smoke without fire
- throw smoke
- watch my dust
- watch someone's smoke
- where there's smoke, there's fire