Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
skagand scag (skæg)
1. n. a rotten thing or person. Don’t be such a skag. Who do you think you are?
2. n. a very ugly woman. (Collegiate.) What a skag! I wouldn’t be seen with her.
3. n. a tobacco cigarette; a tobacco cigarette butt. (Military.) Can I bum a scag off you?
4. in. to smoke (a tobacco cigarette). He stopped scagging for about a week.
5. n. heroin, especially poor-quality heroin; any powerful drug. (Drugs.) Scag has sent a lot of my friends to the bone orchard.
6. n. hard liquor. The two of them put away a quart of my finest skag.
skag jonesand scag jones
n. an addiction to heroin. (Drugs. Here jones is a “thing” = craving.) She has a serious skag jones.
mod. drug intoxicated; very high. (see also skag.) Bart was rocking back and forth on the top step—skagged out, as usual. He got to the point where being skagged out was more important than eating.