settle upon (something)

(redirected from settled upon)
Also found in: Legal.

settle upon (something)

To come to a decision about something; to determine or agree upon something. (A more formal version of "settle on something.") Well, gentlemen, if we're settled upon the terms of the agreement, then let us sign the contract without any further ado. It took some time, but Sarah and I finally settled upon an appropriate price for the house.
See also: settle, upon
References in classic literature ?
Then, as the years passed, darker and darker gloom settled upon his spirit.
Oh, yes, he knew all about it; and I was quickly informed that to her had been left the full control and management of the estate during her son's minority, besides the absolute, unconditional possession of her own fortune (but I knew that her father had not given her much), and the small additional sum that had been settled upon her before marriage.
About 90 percent of the value of the transaction would be settled upon closing and the remaining 10 percent would be the retention amount.
Sources said last week that the mayoral element - which will pay for a range of functions including rewriting the Greater Manchester Spatial Framework, a new transport masterplan and the costs of running Mr Burnham's office - was likely to be around PS10 for a Band D property, but a figure of PS9 was eventually settled upon.
Where once "there was an open-ended embrace of radicalism before the war, progressives now settled upon state control of the economy and a league of nations" (91).
Vodafone will only charge QR500 to reserve the device and the outstanding amount will need to be settled upon collection.
Whatever the personnel settled upon, the Ashes opportunity of a lifetime will be knocking hard for incumbents with a favourite's chance of making the runs they need to get on the plane to Australia in October.
Following his debrief between the first and second practice sessions, the changes settled upon by the drivers and pit crew resulted in a one-and-a-quarter second improvement on paceas Graham lapped the 1.
Customers will be asked to make a $100 deposit with the remaining balance to be settled upon shipping.
XHH has agreed to pay a 10% deposit for the purchase consideration, with 2% having already been paid and the balance to be settled upon implementation of the sales and purchase agreement (SPA).
com A mood of pessimism seems to have settled upon the majority of high net worth individuals (HNWI) in Oman, as many say the Sultanate's economic state is worsening.
We as a government have not settled upon assignment of responsibility," US Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes said on Thursday, while State Department spokesman John Kirby said earlier in the day that Washington was not in a position to either confirm or deny Turkey's charge that the YPG was behind the attack.
It means England's four centres have only 36 caps - 22 of them supplied by Barritt - but Lancaster is satisfied he settled upon the right blend of centres.
Aside from low interest rate, pensioners will also receive credit insurance, which the existing loan balance will be fully settled upon death of pensioner.
O'Brien and coinvestigators settled upon five they identified as the most potent and practical baseline predictors of major bleeding risk while on oral anticoagulation.