score(redirected from scored)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. in. to succeed. I knew if I kept trying I could score.
2. tv. & in. to obtain something; to obtain drugs or sex. (Very close to sense 1) Fred is always trying to score with women.
3. n. the result of a scoring: drugs, loot, winnings, etc. The crooks dropped the score as they made their getaway.
4. in. [for a male] to copulate with a female; [for a female] to copulate with a male. (Usually objectionable.) Fred can’t think about anything but scoring with Martha.
5. n. the client of a male or female prostitute. She conked the score over the head and robbed him.
6. n. a summary; a conclusion; the sum total. (see also bottom line.) Okay, waiter, what’s the score?
- (some score) from the East German judge
- a score to settle
- box score
- even the score
- four score and seven years ago
- go off at score
- have a score to settle
- know the score
- make a score
- no score
- pay off
- score (something) off (someone, something, or some place)
- score against
- score for
- score off (someone)
- score points
- score with
- scoring position, in
- settle a score
- settle a score with
- settle an old score (with someone)
- settle old scores
- settle the score
- settle the score (with someone)
- the score