scat(redirected from scatted)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. n. nonsense syllables sung to music. (Refers to a [primarily black] jazz practice in the jazz era.) She used to do scat but moved on to blues.
2. exclam. Go away! (Usually Scat! Often said to a cat to get it to go away.) Get out! Scat! Beat it, cat!
3. in. to leave. You guys scat now. I have to go to work.
4. n. heroin. (see also shit.) Bart is trying to sell scat in the neighborhood again.
5. n. inferior whiskey. You got anything better than that scat, bartender?