potty(redirected from pottier)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. To become irrational, crazy, eccentric, or addlebrained. Primarily heard in UK. I'll end up going potty if I have to work in this cubicle for one more day!
2. To become very excited or enthusiastic (about something). Primarily heard in UK. People are going potty for the new art exhibit.
3. To urinate; typically said of, to, or by young children. My three-year-old has started going potty all by herself!
be potty about (something)
To be very excited or enthusiastic (about something). Primarily heard in UK. I'm absolutely potty about her latest novel!
drive (someone) potty
To make someone particularly annoyed, vexed, or crazy. Primarily heard in UK. I need you to mind the kids for a while, they've been driving me potty all morning!
A person who uses obscenities, vulgarities, or profanities in their speech, especially at inappropriate times. Used especially in reference to a child or as a childish rebuke to an adult. Hey, you little potty mouth! If I hear you speaking like that around your grandmother again, you're going to be grounded for a week! Well there's no need to be a potty mouth about it, Rick. You could have just said no like a civilized person.
1. n. a small toilet. (Usually juvenile.) Mommy, I’ve got to go to the potty.
2. in. to use the toilet. (Always juvenile.) Be sure to potty before we leave.
3. mod. crazy. He got more potty as he grew older.
potty mouthand toilet mouth
n. someone who uses obscene or profane language in most social settings. (Also a term of address.) That potty mouth is offending people again. Hey, toilet mouth! Watch your language!
To defecate or urinate.