pork(redirected from porks)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
obsolete Human flesh when eaten as food by cannibals. As our canoe drifted down the river into the thickest parts of the jungle, the thought crossed my mind that we may well end up as long pork for some savage's meal.
1. A thick cut of meat from a pig. Often used in the plural when it is prepared as a meal. Well, at least sit down and have a pork chop with us before you go out! Mom said that she's making pork chops for dinner tonight, so don't be late!
2. offensive slang A black person who acts submissively toward white people.
Government funding made to a particular area or group to win support or popularity there. He won that district's votes by using the pork barrel and paying for a new community building.
pork out (on something)
Inf. to overeat on something; to become fat as a pig from eating something. (A play on pig out.) I pork out on french fries whenever I get the chance. I wish I didn't pork out all the time.
Government funding of something that benefits a particular district, whose legislator thereby wins favor with local voters. For example, Our senator knows the value of the pork barrel. This expression alludes to the fatness of pork, equated with political largesse since the mid-1800s. [c. 1900]
1. To eat greedily, ravenously, or voraciously; gorge: After we porked out at the buffet, we didn't have room for dessert. I went to my favorite restaurant and porked out on pizza.
2. To become fat: I porked out over the holidays, and now I can barely fit into my pants.
1. n. the police in general; a pig. (Underworld.) Keep an eye out for the pork.
2. tv. & in. to copulate [with] someone. (Usually objectionable.) They pork all the time, just like bunnies.
n. the penis. Stop scratching your pork hammer, bro.
in. to overindulge in food and drink. (A play on pig out.) Whenever I see french fries, I know I’m going to pork out.
mod. copulated with; [of a female] deflowered. (Usually objectionable.) Well, have you been porked?
See also: pork