Also found in: Dictionary, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
(as) rare as rocking horse poo
vulgar slang Extremely rare or unlikely; all but, or most likely, impossible or non-existent. Primarily heard in Ireland. An honest person in politics? Yeah, that's as rare as rocking horse poo. I'm sorry to say, but the part this engine needs is rare as rocking horse poo. They haven't manufactured these in nearly 50 years!
To defecate. This phrase is typically used with children. Sweetheart, do you have to go poo-poo before we leave the house?
See also: go
slang A juvenile term for an unpleasant, unintelligent, irritating, or mean person. "Poo" is a childish word for excrement. My brother is such a poohead—why can't he just leave me and my friends alone? OK, which of you pooheads stole my candy bar?
1. noun An outright dismissal of some argument as being unworthy of consideration or debate. My idea could save the company millions, but I'm still expecting a poo-poo from the board of directors because of how radical it is.
2. verb To dismiss something outright, without any due consideration or debate. Don't poo-poo her idea before she's had the chance to explain the ins and outs of it! He's always poo-pooing his assistant's ideas.
3. noun, childish slang Feces. Please don't touch that diaper, it's full of your sister's poo-poo!
4. verb, childish slang To defecate. Our son came running in from the playroom to tell us he needed to poo-poo. Mommy, Daddy, I poo-pooed in my bed.
1. noun An outright dismissal of some argument as being unworthy of consideration or debate. My idea could save the company millions, but I'm still expecting a pooh-pooh from the board of directors because of how radical it is.
2. verb To dismiss something outright, without any due consideration or debate. Don't pooh-pooh her idea before she's had the chance to explain the ins and outs of it! He's always pooh-poohing his assistant's ideas.
slang An alcoholic beverage. The term is intended to sound infantile or affectedly cute. It's been such a long week—let's go out for some drinkypoos!
n. a little drink of liquor. Wouldn’t you like just one more drinkypoo of Madeira?
1. mod. disgusting. I don’t like all this icky-poo talk.
2. exclam. Nasty! (Usually Icky-poo!) Oh, icky-poo! I missed my bus!
1. and poo-poo n. fecal material. (see also poop. Mostly juvenile. Usually objectionable.) Don’t step in that dog poo!
2. in. to defecate. (Usually objectionable.) That old dog pooed on our lawn.
3. n. nonsense. (see also poo(h)-poo(h).) I’ve heard enough of your poo.
4. n. champagne. (From shampoo.) How about another glass of poo?
5. Go to poo(h)-poo(h).
n. an obnoxious person. What poohead left the window open?
tv. to belittle someone or something. He tends to pooh-pooh things he doesn’t understand.
See also: go