References in classic literature ?
On one which Dorothy held was an eye, which looked at her pleasantly but with an interested expression, as if it wondered what she was going to do with it.
It was the same in my case," said the King, pleasantly.
By all means," she answered pleasantly, "if you care to.
The Prince had recovered from his shyness and had become very fond of the girl who had rescued him, so they were fast friends and chatted pleasantly together as they rode along.
The cheerful tumult of the lawn-party was pleasantly audible from the distance.
Yes, in another manner, and much more pleasantly," answered the careless Frenchman with his most amiable smile.
In the morning, Thomas Mugridge being duly bribed, the galley is pleasantly areek with the odour of their frying; while dolphin meat is served fore and aft on such occasions as Johnson catches the blazing beauties from the bowsprit end.
After a time they all had the story and began to talk among themselves, animatedly, not quite pleasantly.
What the laborer wanted was to work as pleasantly as possible, with rests, and above all, carelessly and heedlessly, without thinking.
But on the third floor, to which one ascended by a fine stone stairway, broad and easy, with elaborate iron railings, there was a more simple set of rooms, comfortably furnished, where the American family were pleasantly provided for, in a home of their own.
The very river, as though it shared one's feelings of compassion for the extinct tribes who lived so pleasantly here, in their blessed ignorance of white existence, hundreds of years ago, steals out of its way to ripple near this mound: and there are few places where the Ohio sparkles more brightly than in the Big Grave Creek.
I have not often seen a place that commends itself so favourably and pleasantly to a stranger at the first glance as this does: with its clean houses of red and white, its well-paved roads, and foot-ways of bright tile.
He dozed again--not the less pleasantly, perhaps, for his hearty temper.
Dubai: Nine years after the great Cigar and Soul of the Matter fought an epic battle in the Dubai World Cup (G1), Pleasantly Perfect and Medaglia d'Oro waged a classic contest reminiscent of the historic inaugural race held at Nad Al Sheba racecourse.
I was pleasantly surprised with everything at this salon.
Idioms browser ?
- play to the crowd
- play to the gallery
- play to win
- play tonsil hockey
- play tricks on
- play truant
- play trump card
- play up
- play up to
- play well with others
- play with
- play with a full deck
- play with fire
- play with loaded dice
- playa hata
- play-by-play description
- played out
- plead for
- plead guilty to
- plead the Fifth (Amendment)
- plead to
- plead with
- pleasantly plastered
- please oneself
- pleased as Punch
- pleased for
- pleased to meet you
- pleased with
- plenty of
- plight troth
- plight troth to
- plod along
- plod away at
- plod on
- plod through
- plonk down
- plonked up
Full browser ?
- Pleasant Valley Cycle Park
- Pleasant Valley Elementary School District
- Pleasant Valley Implementation Plan
- Pleasant Valley Intermediate School
- Pleasant Valley Junior High
- Pleasant Valley Log Cabins
- Pleasant Valley Montessori School
- Pleasant Valley School District
- Pleasant Valley Secondary School
- Pleasant Valley State Prison
- Pleasant Valley Swim Team
- Pleasant View Baptist Church
- Pleasant View Christian Academy
- Pleasant View Elementary School
- Pleasant View Luther Home
- Pleasant View Retirement Community
- Pleasant View School for the Arts
- pleasantly plastered
- Pleasanton City Employees Association
- Pleasanton Community Concert Band
- Pleasanton Cultural Arts Council
- Pleasanton Foothill Little League
- Pleasanton Girls Soccer Association
- Pleasanton Girls Softball League
- Pleasanton High School
- Pleasanton Junior Football League
- Pleasanton National Little League
- Pleasanton Partnership in Education Foundation
- Pleasanton Schools Educational Enrichment Foundation
- Pleasanton Unified School District
- Pleasanton-Tulancingo Sister City Association
- Pleasants County
- Pleasants County Board of Education
- Pleasants County Development Authority
- Pleasants County Industrial Park
- Pleasants County, West Virginia
- Pleasants County, WV
- Pleasantville (disambiguation)