once again/once more
1. One more time; again. He went over the plan once again, stressing the importance of getting the details exactly right.
2. A phrase used when something is being repeated. Once again, everyone, this paper is due Thursday, not Friday.
3. As has come to be expected. The company has once again proven that they know exactly what consumers want in a premium handheld device.
once moreand one more time
Please do it one more time. Mary: You sang that line beautifully, Fred. Now, once more. Fred: I'm really tired of all this rehearsing. John (finishing practicing his speech): How was that? Sue: Good! One more time, though. John: I'm getting bored with it.
once aˈgain/once ˈmoreone more time; another time: Once again the train was late. ♢ Let me hear it just once more.
1. Another time; again: Could you repeat yourself once more?
2. As usual; in typical fashion: Once more, you've proven yourself inept at chess.