mother(redirected from mothering)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. n. marijuana. (see also mother nature(’s).) She grows her own mother in a pot in her room.
2. n. a drug dealer; one’s own drug dealer upon whom one depends. (Drugs.) If you can’t trust your mother, who can you trust?
3. Go to motherfucker (sense 3).
- (Holy) Mother of God
- a mother hen
- a mother lode of
- a mummy's boy
- an earth mother
- and his mother
- at mother's knee
- be mother
- be tied to mother's apron strings
- Diligence is the mother of good luck
- dog’s mother
- each and every one
- every mother's son
- every Tom, Dick, and Harry
- everybody and his mother
- everybody and their mother
- everyone and his mother
- everyone and their mother
- expectant mother
- Experience is the father of wisdom
- experience is the mother of wisdom
- face only a mother could love
- He that would the daughter win, must with the mother first begin
- Hen-ree! Henry Aldrich! Coming, Mother!
- like father, like son
- Like mother, like daughter
- Mother Carey is plucking her chickens
- mother lode
- Mother Nature
- mother nature’s
- mother of
- mother of pearl
- necessity is the mother of innovation
- Necessity is the mother of invention
- old enough to be mother
- refrigerator mother
- Shall I be mother?
- swear on (one's) mother's grave
- swear on a stack of Bibles
- the mother of all
- tied to his mother's apron strings
- tied to mother's apron strings
- who's she, the cat's mother?