References in periodicals archive ?
Libraries were also described as places where "librarians are connectors," where there is a "community of trust emphasizing personal responsibility," and a place for "interactive learning and collaboration with others.
College & Undergraduate Libraries, 11(2), 91-101.
In this first-ever issue of Library Trends dedicated to GIS and libraries, we present thirteen authors contributing ten profoundly informative articles that address a variety of current issues and trends in the field.
Tape drives utilized in tape libraries include 8-millimeter (Exabyte VXA, and Sony AIT), DLT and Super DLT (Quantum), LTO Ultrium (Hewlett-Packard, IBM, and Quantum), IBM-compatible half-inch 3490 cartridge, StorageTek 9840/9940, and Sony SAIT.
I've seen many of the libraries, particularly in the Valley, and have been very impressed by the architecture,'' said Ken Bernstein, the L.
While this technology isn't ready to replace the card catalog just yet, experts agree that the applications for content in these libraries are unbounded.
In 1996-1997 for example, 5,068 people graduated from American Library Association-accredited libraries and information studies programs.
Drake, director of libraries for Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta.
So many libraries have closed their doors in recent years that the American Library Association says it's no longer able to keep track of them all.
On March 28, as library officials prepared to lay off scores of workers and close branch libraries for weeks or months at a time, NYPL came up with the funds to throw a party in commemoration of the 50th anniversary of Virginia Woolf's suicide.
Libraries can launch a free community toolbar that delivers constant browser access to resources and services, and connects patrons to create vibrant online communities.
Libraries in all sectors are coming under increasing pressure from governments and other policymakers to cooperate.
The Business Liaison Team at the University of Louisville Libraries collaborated with College of Business and Public Administration faculty to offer a new series of workshops called Research Refreshers, designed to highlight specific electronic resources and demonstrate how to effectively use them.
He knew librarians needed flexible scheduling and libraries needed steady funding.
Tape libraries have been the primary technology deployed in traditional backup and restore environments.
Idioms browser ?
- level off
- level one’s locks
- level out
- level pegging
- level playing field
- level the field
- level the locks
- level the playing field
- level to the ground
- level up
- level with
- level with (one)
- level with someone
- levy on
- lex dubia non obligat
- liar is not believed when he tells the truth
- libel chill
- liberate from
- licence to print money
- license to do
- lick (one's) chops
- lick (one's) lips
- lick (one's) wounds
- lick (someone or something) into shape
- lick (someone) out
- lick (someone's) arse
- lick (someone's) ass
- lick (someone's) boots
- lick and a promise
- lick and a promise, a
- lick at
- lick boots
- lick chops
- lick into shape
- lick lips
- lick my arse
- lick of work
- lick off
- lick one's chops
Full browser ?
- Librarian of the Vatican
- Librarians Association of the University of California
- Librarians for Fairness
- Librarians Information Literacy Annual Conference
- Librarians Information Online Network
- Librarians of Institutes and Schools of Education
- Librarians of the Australian Technology Network
- Librarians' Association of the University of Waterloo
- Librarians' Christian Fellowship
- Librarians' Index to the Internet
- Librarians' Internet Index
- Librarians' Site du Jour
- Librarianship and Information Work Worldwide
- Libraries and Archives Research Guide Online
- Libraries and Information Commission
- Libraries and Information East Midlands
- Libraries and Social Software in Education
- Libraries Facilities/Planning Department
- Libraries for All
- Libraries For Nursing
- Libraries for the Future
- Libraries for Virtual Education
- Libraries IN Cooperation
- Libraries in the Digital Age
- Libraries Linking Idaho
- Libraries Management Group
- Libraries North West
- Libraries of Middlesex Automation Consortium
- Libraries of Networked Knowledge
- Libraries Performance Management System
- Libraries Serving Special Populations Section
- Libraries Very Interested in Sharing
- Libraries, Archives and Museums
- Libraries, Computing and Technology Training Program
- Library (biology)
- Library (computing)
- Library (computing)
- Library (institution)