laugh at (someone or something)(redirected from laughed at me)
laugh at (someone or something)
1. Literally, to react to something with laughter. To my great relief, everyone laughed at my joke.
2. To ridicule or deride someone or something with laughter. Don't laugh at me, that was a serious suggestion!
3. To scoff at or dismiss something as insignificant. She the kind of person who laughs at rules and thinks they're just meant to be broken.
laugh at someone or something
to chuckle or giggle loudly at someone or something, perhaps in ridicule. Thank goodness, the audience laughed at all my jokes. Don't laugh at me! I'm doing my best! Everyone laughed at the love scene because it was so badly done.
Treat lightly, scoff at. For example, He said the other children all laughed at his jacket, or They stopped laughing at his theory when it proved to be correct. [Late 1300s]
1. To laugh in response to something intended to be humorous: I always laugh at that TV show.
2. To mock or make fun of someone or something: They laughed at me when I said I wanted to become an astronaut.
3. To treat someone or something lightly; scoff at someone or something: That daredevil laughs at danger.