jabber(redirected from jabbers)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
jabber about (someone or something)
1. To talk about someone or something in a rapid, babbling, or indecipherable manner. Once those two start jabbering about basketball, I hardly understand a thing they're saying.
2. To chat casually about someone or something. Oh, we're just jabbering about the weather—come on in.
See also: jabber
To chat rapidly and perhaps excitedly. Good luck getting a word in when Christine and Mia are jabbering away!
1. verb To chat casually about someone or something. I've got some free time today, so let's sit and jabber for a bit.
2. noun Idle chatter or blather. Oh, we're just jabbering about the weather—come on in.
3. noun One who takes illegal drugs by injection. If he's a jabber, then this situation is more dire than we thought.
slang Nonsense or foolishness. His explanation is just jibber-jabber and doesn't answer the question at all. Who cares what the tabloids say about us? It's all just jibber-jabber anyway.
jabber about someone or something
1. to talk or chat very informally about someone or something. Who are they jabbering about? Those kids are jabbering about school again.
2. to talk unintelligibly about someone or something. Is she jabbering about whatever comes to mind? She is jabbering about something, but we can't understand her.
See also: jabber
To talk rapidly, unintelligibly, or idly: The friends jabbered away for hours.
1. n. mindless chatter. I’ve heard enough of your jabber.
2. in. to chatter. Come over and we’ll jabber about things over coffee.
3. n. a drug addict who injects drugs. (Drugs.) These scars show that the victim was a jabber.