in sight(redirected from in her sight)
1. Literally, in one's field of vision. A noun or pronoun can be used between "in" and "sight." Yeah, the box is in sight, but I can't reach it from here.
2. Close to happening or being achieved. A noun or pronoun can be used between "in" and "sight." After all your years of hard work, an Olympic gold medal is finally in your sight!
1. Lit. within the range of vision; visible. The goal is in sight. The end of the road is in sight.
2. Fig. known; expected. The end of the project is finally in sight.
1. Within one's range of vision, as in The sailboat was still in sight on the horizon. [c. 1200]
2. Also, in one's sight or sights . Before one's eyes; also, within one's awareness. For example, In the world's sight he was at fault, or Harold had that promotion firmly in his sights. [c. 1200]