References in classic literature ?
Mr Blatherwick's dreamy hazel eye rested pensively upon her.
And this was Hazel Strong--Jane Porter's best friend!
The sleeper stirred and opened two large, exceedingly brilliant hazel eyes.
This head with the auburn hair and hazel eyes is quite attractive.
The heads had eyes of blue, of gray, of hazel, of brown and of black; but there were no red eyes among them, and all were bright and handsome.
I'm going to pick by myself apart from all the rest, or else my efforts will make no show," he said, and he left the edge of the forest where they were walking on low silky grass between old birch trees standing far apart, and went more into the heart of the wood, where between the white birch trunks there were gray trunks of aspen and dark bushes of hazel.
In bed, he could not sleep because of his pain, and hour by hour she worked over him, renewing the hot compresses over his bruises, soothing the lacerations with witch hazel and cold cream and the tenderest of finger tips.
Back in the house, she applied the ice to the base of Billy's brain, placed hot irons to his feet, and bathed his head with witch hazel made cold by resting on the ice.
There is an apparent triviality in the action with the scissors, but your discernment perceives at once that there is a design in it which makes it eminently worthy of a large-headed, long-limbed young man; for you see that Lucy wants the scissors, and is compelled, reluctant as she may be, to shake her ringlets back, raise her soft hazel eyes, smile playfully down on the face that is so very nearly on a level with her knee, and holding out her little shell-pink palm, to say,--
Even now, that she is walking up and down with a little triumphant flutter of her girlish heart at the sense that she is loved by the person of chief consequence in her small world, you may see in her hazel eyes an ever-present sunny benignity, in which the momentary harmless flashes of personal vanity are quite lost; and if she is happy in thinking of her lover, it is because the thought of him mingles readily with all the gentle affections and good-natured offices with which she fills her peaceful days.
Indie-rock band Hazels are set to release their second single next month.
Hazels formed in late 2013 when the friends began jamming in an abandoned greenhouse, as drummer Pete Lavery explains:"We've always been mates since we started secondary school and we would sometimes mess around musically but it was nothing serious.
Hazels funeral will be held Monday, June 9th from the MERCADANTE FUNERAL HOME & CHAPEL, 370 Plantation St.
But from an ornamental standpoint, the most important witch hazels are not those from America but the one from China, Hamamelis mollis.
Hazels friends will miss her dearly, but know that she is no longer hurting and is at peace.
Idioms browser ?
- haven't got all day
- Haven't I seen you somewhere before?
- haven't lived
- haven't lived until
- haven't seen hide nor hair of
- haven't seen you in a long time
- haven't seen you in a month of Sundays
- having a wonderful time; wish you were here
- having the time of my life
- hawks and doves
- hay burner
- hay head
- hazard an opinion
- He can whistle for it!
- he doesn't have a [jealous, mean, unkind etc.] bone in his body
- He gives twice who gives quickly
- He lives long who lives well
- He puts his pants on one leg at a time
- He that cannot obey cannot command
- He that hath a full purse never wanted a friend
- He that is down need fear no fall
- he that lieth with dogs riseth with fleas
- he that would eat the fruit must climb the tree
- He that would eat the kernel must crack the nut
- He that would go to sea for pleasure, would go to hell for a pastime
- He that would have eggs must endure the cackling of hens
- He that would the daughter win, must with the mother first begin
- He travels fastest who travels alone
- He wears a ten-dollar hat on a five-cent head
- He who begins many things, finishes but few
- He who excuses himself accuses himself
- He who fights and runs away, may live to fight another day
- he who hesitates is lost
- He who laughs last, laughs longest
- He who pays the piper calls the tune
- He who rides a tiger is afraid to dismount
- he who smelt it dealt it
Full browser ?
- Hazelcrest Park District
- Hazelnut butter
- Hazelnut butter
- Hazelnut Kernel Oil Meal
- Hazelnut oil
- hazelnut tree
- hazelnut tree
- Hazeltine National Golf Club
- Hazelwood Initiative, Inc.
- Hazelwood School District
- Hazelwood West High School Hazelwood, MO)
- Hazen High School
- Hazen, William Babcock
- Házi Feladat
- Hazi Palinka