Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. n. a person’s name or nickname. (Western jargon and then citizens band radio.) My handle is Goober. You can call me Goob.
2. n. a way of dealing with something; a grasp of a problem. As soon as I get a handle on this Wilson matter, I’ll give you a buzz.
1. To conduct oneself in a specified manner: handled herself well in the interview.
2. To be able to defend oneself or fend for oneself: Don't worry about me. I can handle myself.
- a handle on
- a handle to (one's) name
- fly off the handle
- get a fix on
- get a handle on
- get a handle on (something)
- get a handle on something
- get/have a handle on somebody/something
- go off the handle
- handle (someone or something) with gloves
- handle (someone or something) with kid gloves
- handle (someone or something) without gloves
- handle on
- handle someone or something with kid gloves
- handle to (one's) name
- handle to one's name
- handle with gloves
- handle with kid gloves
- handle, treat, etc. somebody with kid gloves
- have a handle on (something)
- love handles
- too hot to handle
- treat (someone or something) with kid gloves
- treat someone with kid gloves